Wish you were better...

By Todd Strasser Wish You Were Dead (The Thrillogy) (Reprint) - Todd Strasser

The day after anonymous blogger Str-S-d wishes the popular girl would die, Lucy vanishes. The students of Soundview High are scared and worried. Especially frightened and wracked with guilt is Maidson Archer, Lucy's friend and the last person to see her the night she disappeared.

Madison begins to receive anonymous notes warning that she could be next. Desperate to solve the mystery before anyone else disappears, Madison turns to Tyler, an attractive, but mysterious, new student, but can she trust him when it becomes clear that he knows more than he's sharing?

The clock is ticking. Madison must uncover the truth behind the mysterious disappearances ... before her name appears in Str-S-d's blog.

- from the book jacket

I didn't love this one. The story was okay and the characters were so-so. I didn't guess who the "bad guy" was, but I really didn't much care. I didn't like the characters much, even Madison who is supposed to be likable (I think). The mysterious boy from out of town was a one-note character and I didn't understand why Madison was attracted to him.

It just felt like stale characters in a stereotypical super-rich town who thought nothing bad would every happen to them. And the villain wasn't scary and seemed almost like a joke.

I don't really recommend this one.