Mid-Event Survey

— feeling grin

Okay. We made it halfway through. Congrats to all who are participating in Dewey's 24-hour Readathon!!

Now it's time for the Mid-Event Survey. Here goes.

Mid-Event Survey:

1. What are you reading right now?

Right now I am reading Kellie's Diary - Death of Innocence

I intended to read the new Dead City book after I finished Kellie's Diary - Decay of Innocence. But I was enjoying my reading and decided to continue the series. It is actually 6 graphic novels compiled into 2 collections. I realized this after I finished Decay of Innocence and bought Kellie's Diary #2 and realized I already read it. Oops.

2. How many books have you read so far?

So far, I finished 2 books, read some of another while I waited in line at Best Buy and started a fourth. I would say my page count is at about 160. Seems a little low, but life has been intruding. Oh well.

3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon?

I'm really looking forward to the third Dead City book (James Ponti). I really enjoyed the first two.

4. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those?

My two teenagers have interrupted a bit, but I can't expect them to take care of themselves all day. I just dealt with what they needed and went back to reading. Oh, and my body interrupted with a migraine - great timing!- which I dealt with by taking meds and an hour long nap. But now I'm back up and ready to go again!

5. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far?

I guess I'm surprised by how little reading I got done. But life cannot be ignored sometimes. I'm trying to go with the flow. This is my first Readathon and I am having fun reading the posts and being inspired by all of the others who are doing the same thing today. This is one of the great things about social media (having two teenagers I deal a lot with the not-so-great things. So this is refreshing!!).

Well, back to reading. And cheers to all my fellow readers!!